If you’re searching for a quick and satisfying snack to enjoy during a movie night or as part of your lunchtime routine, go no further than these air-fried El Monterey burritos.
They are easy to make using today’s convenience device, the air fryer, and they’re stuffed with flavorful ingredients like seasoned meat, melting cheddar, and fluffy egg whites. These mouthwatering snacks may be prepared in minutes with only a few simple steps, and your taste buds will thank you for taking them.
El Monterey burritos—what are they?
Have you ever needed a hearty meal but didn’t have the resources to prepare it? A few burritos from El Monterey may do the trick! They are tasty frozen dinners that may be prepared quickly.
Traditional beef and bean burritos sit alongside more adventurous options like chorizo and egg breakfast burritos in this selection. El Monterey’s light flour tortillas and savoury fillings will fulfil your hunger whether you eat them as a great dinner, an easy supper, a fast snack, or as part of your favourite dishes.
El Monterey Burritos: The Necessary Air Fryer Ingredients
El Monterey burritos are the best option for a quick and satisfying supper. These pre-made burritos are already delicious, but they can be taken to the next level by cooking them in an air fryer.
Keep the printed recipe card with detailed instructions and nutritional data at your fingertips.
- Burritos from El Monterey, frozen, any variety.
- Oil; You may either use olive oil or a nonstick frying spray.
- Salsa, Guacamole, and Sour Cream for Dipping
Air Fryer Instructions for El Monterey Burritos
First, get the air fryer hot.
Set the oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook for three to five minutes.
Air-fry the frozen burritos to complete step two.
Ensure there is enough space between the burritos in the air fryer basket for the hot air to circulate as they cook.
Brush with olive oil and spices, or drizzle olive oil over the top.
Third Step: How Long Do Frozen El Monterey Burritos Need to Be Air Fried?
Set the timer for 8-10 minutes to get them golden and crispy.
Warm it up, add your toppings of choice, and dig in!
What To Do With Extra Burritos
Any leftover burritos should be stored in an airtight container or firmly wrapped in aluminium foil or plastic after cooling to room temperature. The leftover burritos can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Air Fryer Reheating Instructions for Burritos
If you don’t have a microwave, you may reheat your burritos in the air fryer with great results. In contrast to the sogginess resulting from microwaving, the outside will be uniformly cooked and crisp. Here’s the procedure:
1. Set the temperature on your air fryer to 375 degrees F. Your tortilla will cook up uniformly in this manner.
2. Second, put the burrito in an oven-safe dish or on a plate, and cook it in the air fryer. If you’re reheating a single burrito, ensure it’s in the middle of the basket and not touching the sides.
3. cook for three to five minutes, turning the tortilla once. So that the burrito cooks equally on both sides, do this.
4. Remove the dish from the oven and allow it cool for at least ten minutes before serving or eating.
If you follow these instructions, reheating a burrito in an air fryer will be simple and fast.
Which Burrito is Better For You?
You may also seek high-protein meats in your burrito. The bean burrito is the best option since it contains fibre and will help you feel full throughout the day.
Vegetable-based protein burritos are a convenient frozen food alternative for those on restricted diets.
Can anyone recommend some good frozen burritos?
Frozen burritos are a quick and easy supper that only needs a little time in the Kitchen. Top sellers among frozen burritos include:
- Amy’s Kitchen has been one of the most well-known names in the frozen burrito industry for years, and with good reason. Since they use only premium ingredients, you won’t feel guilty about devouring one of their burritos.
- From the common bean and cheese to more creative twists like BBQ chicken and flaming hot chipotle, Trader Joe’s has a wide variety of frozen burritos. Offering tasty burritos at low prices, they are a great choice for individuals on a tight budget.
Which Side Dishes Go Best With Burritos?
What makes burritos even better as a meal? To accompany! The greatest accompaniments to a burrito are listed here.
- Rice cooked in a pressure cooker in the style of Mexican cooking is quick and easy to prepare, and it goes wonderfully with burritos. This dish combines white or brown rice with chopped onions, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Burritos benefit greatly from adding refried beans because of their creamy texture and strong taste, which helps to balance out the other components in the wrap.
- Sweet corn cooked in an air fryer gives your burritos a sweet and crunchy texture. If you want to spice up your tortilla, try adding some grilled or roasted corn.
- Creamy, freshly made guacamole is a great complement to a burrito. The avocado in the guacamole is a good source of healthful fats, and the cilantro provides a refreshing kick.
- Easy Salsa for the Air Fryer: Topping a tortilla with chunky salsa is a no-brainer. Make your homemade version with flavorful ingredients like tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and jalapenos.
- Another traditional condiment for burritos is sour cream. It’s thick and creamy, so it’s a welcome relief from the heat of the rest of the meal.
- Cheese: A staple of every good burrito, cheese is a must. The cheese, whether a shredded Mexican mix or crumbled queso fresco, elevates the burrito’s luxury.
Your burrito will have an additional depth of flavour with these additions. Find the ideal blend via experimentation.
Air Fryer Crispy Burritos: A How-To Guide
You may use olive oil or cooking spray to make the tops of your burritos crispy. El Monterey Burritos Beef is my go-to; brush with olive oil before grilling for maximum flavour.
How Long Should You Heat Frozen Burritos for?
A properly cooked frozen burrito will have an interior temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius). All chicken, ground beef, eggs, and dishes containing these components must be cooked to an internal temperature of at least this amount.
Because different foods have different required cooking periods for safety, you should check that your frozen burrito is thoroughly cooked before serving. Twelve to fifteen minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit should do the trick for larger burritos.